Thursday, August 18, 2005

All in

Damn... just damn

First seating I get NOTHING until the blinds are all the way up to 400-800. I took down a couple hands but never more than a couple hundred. At this point I'm down to 5 blinds, and I've got a-6 suited. The bet comes around at 1500, and I call it. We see 2-5-6 on the flop, so I go all in. I get one caller, he's got Q-5, and the turn comes out Ace. I'm feeling good with my two pair, and he trips up on the river.

I'm out like 40th out of 61

Damn...

I had the first losers table with a huge lead, and ended up dumping most of it to this girl on a hard luck flush (I had two pair). She caught it on the river, and I never recovered.

Second seating I'm fighting up pretty good, I manage to get up by 20, knock a bunch of folks out, and I'm sitting down at the final two tables with about 30k.

We end up knocking four out total, but were going around, and I'm just getting rags. Nothing but 6-8 off suite etc... and one guy manages to take down... well basically everybody else. He gets this MASSIVE stack Finally the blinds are up to 2 and 4k, about to go up to 4 and 8; I'm down to 16k, and we're down to 6 players, with 4 at the other table. I'm in the big blind next hand, and I get pocket threes, so I raise the 4 to 8k pre-flop with me having 8k left. I get two callers, all in, including the big stack who has me thoroughly dominated.

So fuck it, I'm all in next blind anyway right? I call the all in, and we flip'em. He's got the pocket rockets...

Damn....

The flop comes out, 3-8-A... DAMN... JUST DAMN....

6 on the turn

7 on the river, and that's all she wrote. The other all in caller went in with Q-J suites, so I've got the better hand, but it's still 8 players left and I'm out of the points in 9th place out of 58.

Damn... just damn...