Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fucking hell ...

My girlfriend was in very bad a car accident last night. She was driving with friends up to some little town in Colorado, to pick up one of THEIR friends who is moving to Arizona, and to celebrate HER best friends birthday, which is exactly one day before MY best friends birthday who I just celebrated with and am driving home to Arizona from New Jersey with, starting today.

Kind of an odd coincidence really considering the plans were developed seperately weeks apart without consulation; and not the best of Omens..

Anyway she just called me to tell me that she hit a deer, totalled her stepmoms car, and that her best friend had a concussion and was flown to the hospital.

A few minutes before that my brother called, and my mother is getting worse (no further details).

Now, about that whole starting today thing. We were supposed to be packed on on the road before 11am so we could get a full day in (no way were we getting out earlier considering...) but my stupid drunk ass friends stupider drunker ass girlfriend threw a FIT last night when we tried to make her go home, and she and her best drunken ass friend ran off into another bar.

This is on the jersey shore, where the bars run thick and wide so to speak.

I spent the next three hours trying to recover and return home with said stupid drunk ass friends etc... Finally having to carry Jims hysterical girlfriend back to the car, and losing her best friend who had apparently gone home with some random guy.

I finally get them home at 4:30, and then spend the next five hours babysitting two drunks with alcohol poisoning.

It's noon, they just got up a few minutes ago, and I haven't had any god damned sleep ... hell in two days because I didn't sleep yesterday either (broken AC in 90 degrees and 90% humidity, on a saggy couch).

This is why I wanted to just get a cheap hotel, and make sure we didnt really go out last night after Jims birthday dinner. Instead there was no dinner involved, and vast quantities of alcohol for everyone but me (who was driving) were.

We were supposed to meet up with Geek with a .45 for lunch today, and obviously that aint happening, and now my mom and my girlfriend... Just a great way to start a trip.