Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rain, blessed rain...

This morning, after 140+ days of no precipitation in the Valley, we woke up to pouring down rain. It would be lovely, if I didn't have to drive 60 miles of curvy, hilly, moutainous two lane highway this morning on my way to work. Because Valley drivers all have one thing in common: they see so little rain that they actually think they know how to drive in it. Ah, the pleasures of fish-tailers and the perennial stream of those who fall under the Stupid Motorist Law. How many people this year will have to pay the costs of having the fire department rescue their asses out of the flooded wash they just drove into?

Anyway, since my work involves tourists I am sure the day will be slower than molasses in such weather. But it's money, and it's a chance to get out of the house.

And Starbucks is looking really good at this moment...

Mel

Just call me Mel, everyone else does.