Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Devoted males

I seem to be surrounded by devoted males these days...

One of my very dear friends has started dating a girl long distance, and in August she'll be moving up to the Valley to attend graduate school. By all accounts John is acting like a teenage girl in love, and it's absolutely adorable. He probably wouldn't appreciate that description, but it is very true. If he's not head over heels already, he's desperately close to being so. And since I know he has good taste and high standards, I'm really happy for him even if it means we lose some of his time on the weekends as he drives back and forth from Tucson.

I consider it a very good thing, as he has been helpful concerning my relationship with Chris, which is another case of a very devoted male. Of course on that end I know the devotion is reciprocated =). In the beginning of May my oldest (10 years older) and dearest brother will be visiting from Dallas. As far as my family is concerned he is the only person left to give his approval of the marriage, as my parents and grandparents already approve, my middle brother approves, and my youngest brother hates the idea but is an asshole and doesn't count anyway. I know David will give his approval though, because he's always watched out for me.

Speaking of Chris, his dog has spent much of the morning chasing the kids around the backyard. Mac has been Chris's dog ever since we picked him up. He prefers Chris's company to all others and is generally found lying at his feet somewhere in the house. The only time Mac is not with Chris is when Chris is doing something so utterly boring even the dog can't stand it. Then I will be the chosen human to follow, followed by the kids. I don't mind though, except when he gets in my way. But he is a good dog. He only barks when he hears a strange sound, and will sniff out every corner of the kids' room before he lets me close their door for the night. He's never bitten or growled at the girls but he does play with them. Overall I'm very happy with Mac, and he's turned out to be a very loving, devoted dog. Now if only I could convince him not to jump up on the bed when I'm out of the room...

Mel

Just call me Mel, everyone else does...