Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A (fairly) early morning conversation (the Pink Taco)

This morning's IM session with John (NOT KID SAFE)

John: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/0422pinktaco0422.html

Melody: yeah, I heard about this on the radio

personally it doesn't offend me, but I don't have sex shame issues either

John: the name amuses me, the reaction amuses me more.. I think it might be a leeeethle over the top for the corner of scottsdale and camelback

Melody: I think it's adorable

I'd go there just to prove a point

John: its deliberately risque.. but its still a restaraunt, not a strip club

Melody: yes, but it's a least a joke that goes over the head of kids

John: and hey, if their liquor license application gets denied... "no liquor for the pink taco"

Melody: blinks bad, BAD John

John: :P

Melody: I agree though that if the restaurant is going for the younger yet legal age crowd, that's a fairly appropriate name for it

plus SOMEBODY needs to pick on Scottsdale's stuffiness

John: yep

Melody: it's not like they went and called it "the Vagina"

John: exactly

Melody: I know it will get turned down, but you have to give them credit for having the balls to do it in the first place

John: messa ge board thread on it.

subject: "mmmmm, pink taco"

first female respondent:

"what's the big deal? It's not like the place is being named "The Bearded Clam" or something."

Melody: lol

John: next response to that:

If he really wants to stand out, he should name the place "Vagina" or, even better, "Euphemism For Vagina"

random male: "I'd eat there..."

Melody: blinks bad, bad...

John: another female: "I'm going to open a restaurant and call it Va'J-J's. I'm sure you'll all stop by for a bite."

Melody: shakes head you know this is going up as a blog post right?

John: hehe

heres the thread

http://chroniclesofgeorge.nanc.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=23711

random fact, last post in the thread. in reply to "The Bearded Clam" .. there is a biker bar in Ocean City, MD named that

Melody: oh god

John: its probably a clam shack, too.. MD has famous clam chowder, and other bay shellfish

Melody: so of course that's a good name for it

I love this city. So much political correctness and so many easily outraged people to play with...

Mel

Just call me Mel, everyone else does...