Monday, April 10, 2006

I have found gods perfect food

So I was playing poker at the monthly tournament of champions last night, and godlike player that I am, I was .... FIRST TO GO OUT .

Actually it wasnt that big a deal, I jsut caught two very good hands (two pair, aces and kings went down to a full house; then a two pair A-Q went down to the straight) in a row that got beat by slightly better ones and that was all she wrote.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post. The early exit left me plenty of time to eat dinner, and I notice something interesting on the menu for dessert.

I of course orderd it, and ate it... or rather I started eating it and realized that what I was eating transcended all prior dessert experiences.

It was deep fried cheesecake.

Yes, It was cheescake... only it was DEEP FRIED.

I know, I know, cosmically wrong; cardiologists everywhere are having aneurysms jsut thinking of it.

So they take a really decent cheescake, cut it into bit sized pi es, roll it in cinnamon, sugar, and crushed graham crackers, and then flashfry it. Cover it in strawberries and whipped cream, and serve piping hot.

The only way it could have been any better was if it was served with a little soft homemade icecream and a bit of carmel sauce.

Oh my god it was good. I'm going to have to experiment a bit and try doing this soon.