Saturday, April 22, 2006

Thanks but...

I just got a call from someone claiming to be a recruiter for saudi oil company IT contracts.

He very well may have been legitimate. I've recieved Saudi contract inquiries before, and even done a couple short term (90 days or less) gigs over in the gulf.

That said, I'm not interested in that kind of travel right now, even if I did think that it was legitmate, and I don't.

See, the Saudis use two groups to do their recruiting: Slick english or American firms for the high end stuff, and Indian companies for the low end. This guy wasnt any of those. He didnt' know what time it was in America, he called on a Saturday morning, he was obviously reading from a prepared script, and the reverse lookup on his number shows an international calling card service.

Yeah, hello again Jihadi assholes.

No, that's ok thanks, I'm not going to give you my personal details. You can have fun wanking each other off and dreaming of your 72 virgins while I'm over here eating bacon and making love to my beautiful wife (though not at the same time).