Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If only it were real money

So I was back at poker tonight, and I just couldnt lose.

I started off with 4000, went up to 17, back down a bit to 11, went all in with J-10 suited and rivered a full house against a flush and from then on it was insane. I didnt lose a hand with more than double the blind in for the rest of the night. I called every all in, and took them all down. I personally took out every single person at the final table; and five others besides.

I saw A-K 6 times, 4 of them suited. I had cowboys twice, ladies twice, and fishooks twice plus a bunch of other pocket pair. I made five boats, and four flushes. I even made a straight flush (to the J), but it was after everyone else had folded and we rabbited it.

When we went heads up I was at 118k, and he was at 14k with blinds at 2k and 4k. He doubled up on me once, but that was the only hand I lost more than the big blind in.

I finished the game with 132,000; the most I'd ever ended up with for this poker league. Funny enough, last week JohnOC and I ended up finishing 1st and 2nd respectively.

That means I'm in the monthly Tournament again (for the third or fourth month in a row, but I've only gone once). Dunno if I'll go this time either. We'll see.

Update: So I go on Doyles room, and tunr $400 play money into $6,000 in less than an hour.

Lord I wish it was real money sometimes...