Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Basically because I'm an idiot

So I'm pretty well laid up in bed right now. I can hobble around, but I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible.

Anyway, after shooting for six hours on Satruday, I was a bit stiff; but OK. Then after dinner, my knee really started stiffening up. By the time I went to bed, I was pretty sore.

Of course, because I am an idiot, the next morning I decided that I was going to behave as if everything was just fine, and resume normal physical activity.

Big mistake on my part.

At breakfast I was stiff, and in pain, and didnt really want to walk. By noon I couldnt move my leg in any way that involved the knee, without severe pain.

Then I had to shoehorn myself into an airplane for two hours.

By the time we got back home, my knee didn't want to support my weight; and I've been hobbling around as little as possible since; basically because I am an idiot.

Update: Just went out and bought a medical cane. At the fullest extension it is just long enough for me; but it helps... a lot. Also I need to buy a new knee brace. I can't find my old one, and it probably wouldn't fit anyway.