Monday, October 02, 2006

Gemar Chatima Tovah

L'Shana tovah tikatayvu

Achim Shalom

Today is Yom Kippur, the day of atonement, and the highest of the high holy days celebrating the Jewish new year.

On this day, Jews seek to atone for their sins to god, for all that weighs upon their soul.

I am a catholic man, but I am unable to seek confession, reconciliation, and absolution; as I have sinned, and do not sincerely repent all my sins. I have many things which weigh upon my soul, and some day I hope I may be absolved of them.

I may not obtain absolution; however, I may grant my forgiveness to others.

As one does not go before god for absolution with un-repented sin upon ones soul; one does not seek absolution from god on the day of atonement, without first seeking forgiveness from their fellow man.

To all those who justly seek forgiveness from me; I forgive.

To all that I have given unjustified offense; I ask forgiveness.

Peace my brothers.