Micro T-1 - No matter what your mission, the size and weight of your equipment is a critical factor. With the Micro T-1, Aimpoint has introduced an aiming system that provides the performance of our full-sized sights in the smallest package possible.
Built to offer the same battle proven ruggedness as other Aimpoint products, the Micro T-1 is able to perform under extreme conditions while adding negligible weight to your weapon. Suitable for use on Rifles, Carbines, Shotguns, Submachineguns and Handguns, the Aimpoint Micro T-1 is ideal as a stand-alone sight, and can also be “piggybacked” on top of larger magnifying scopes, night vision, or thermal imaging optics. The Micro T-1 can also be used by hunters and sport shooters that need night vision comptability.
The performance of the Micro T-1 is optimized for use with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is especially suited for 3rd generation night vision technology. Aimpoint’s unique band-pass coating on the reflective lens reflects select frequencies of red light at near 100% efficiency in order to give the highest possible dot brightness, while transmitting nearly 100% of light in the Infrared and near-infrared part of the spectrum to provide the clearest, brightest image possible when used with a 3rd generation NVD. With 6 NVD-compatible brightness settings and 7 daylight settings including one extra-bright setting, the Micro T-1 is ready for use around the clock.
Unique features for Micro T-1
Unique features of the Aimpoint Micro T-1
• Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachineguns and handguns
• Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount
• 1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic.
• Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
• 6 night vision compatible settings and 7 daylight settings – one
extra bright for use with laser protection glasses or in bright desert sunlight.
• Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail.
• Patent pending mount is keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil.
• New ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation from one battery
• 4 MOA dot
• Hard anodized non-reflective finish.
• Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
• Precision adjustments for windage and elevation. Top of protective caps fits into holes on adjustment screws – no other tool required.
• Use as a stand alone sight or “piggybacked” on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics.
Standard features for all Aimpoint® sights
Aimpoint also offers 2 other Micro sights. The Micro H-1 and the Micro R-1.
Hmmmm, 3.7 ounces, submersible to 25 meters (45m resist), 5 year battery life, built in pic mount, 2.4" long, 1.6" wide, and 1.4" high.
No additional mount required, and it'll co-witness right off the bat... Hell, it wouldn't even stick up higher than my BUIS.
At $650 it aint cheap; but it's a hell of a lot cheaper, smaller, and lighter than a 1.5x ACOG.
Hell the only smaller optic out there is the Docter and it's derivatives; and that isn't in a sealed tube.
Heres a pic of it in Michael Toths (from field and stream magazine) hand:
Oh yeah, I've gotta get one of these.
HT: David Petzals Gun Nut Blog