Friday, August 03, 2007

Temporal Relativity

Man, I remember when I was a kid, and my mom would say something like "Ok now you have to wait an hour"; and I'd go wait for what what I was absolutely without a doubt sure was TWO whole hours, only to see that maybe three minutes had passed

As you get older, well... Y'ever wake up one Monday at 6:30 or so, and go about your business; and then all of a sudden it's Friday at 6:04pm... and you're pretty sure a busy week happened in between but you can't distinctly remember any particular moment of it?

What about thinking "Well, there goes another batch of bills for the first", and then all of a sudden it's the 28th, and you're pretty sure you're missing some days there.

Lately, I've been thinking "Man my birthday was really was great this year, I really love April... what was that a few weeks ago... MY GOD IT'S AUGUST".

I still get a little jarred by the fact that the nineties were over 7 and 2/3 years ago, and began 17 and 2/3 years ago.

I swear, I'm going to go to bed one day in June, 2015; and wake up in 2035 wondering where the last 20 years went.