Friday, February 15, 2008

Back on the EDGE



Connection that is. My Qwest vDSL has been up and down intermittently all day; this time for the last four hours, and again, with no estimate as to repair time.

This time, they've had a region wide failure of DHCP services; but of course they won't give me a static IP to use until they fix it; and silly me, I forgot to note what my previously assigned IP was.... though... I bet if I checked the logs on the gunthing forums for my posts from this morning... hmmmm....

Anyway, this makes three failures of three hours or more in three days. I'm getting slightly irritated...

Just slightly, really.

No one needs to be hurt.

Yet...

UPDATE: I'm back up again as of about 11:30pm. About a six hour outage this time; and for some reason my speed is off by a few hundred K (I've got a theoretical 3.5megs down and 1 meg up, but I usually see a little under 3):