Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fear the mad skills

So I'm continuing the seemingly endless process of cleaning up, reorganizing, and categorizing my MP3 collection of about 10,000 or so songs ( but that covers maybe 2,000 dupes, live versions, and alternate versions. Anyone know any good software to find dupes and fix filenames and ID3 tags automagically?). I used to have a hell of a lot more, but a few years ago my brother accidentally deleted my entire collection while attempting (unsuccessfully) to import it into some media player format.

Anyway, in so doing, you have to be listening as well; and I've got a hell of a sound system on my media center PC. Probably better than a lot of folks home theaters in fact (a THX certified Logitech Z-5500 system).

Anyway, I'm cleaning up the rap and hiphop section right now, and I just have to say it. You might not like Rap, but you have got to respect the skills of Eric B & Rakim, KRS-One, Jurassic 5, and the Poor Righteous Teachers.

I'm just groovin it.

Next up, DragonForce.

UPDATE: Dear GOD DragonForce is absolutely staggering played through my home theater.