Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy (NOT an April Fool's Joke)

Just did my daily scan of Court's website, checking my case number for any new developments. The court mail is horrendously slow; by checking the site I find any new filings a WEEK before they arrive in my lawyer's PO Box.

Most of the time, nothing changes.

Most of the time.

Our next trial date is set. We're going to court again, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Why? Because we're not going there to argue over jurisdiction. Arizona accepted jurisdiction, as evidence by the fact that the trial date is set. We're going to court to argue over custody of the kids.

Yes, the fact that custody is going to be decided by the judge sucks; however, since it can't be any other way, I'm more than happy to argue in my home court. Plus, this my light at the end of the tunnel. This is the assurance that soon all of this will be over, and we'll have a custody determination.

Finally. After almost 4 years of legal struggle.

For the kids' privacy reasons I'm not announcing the exact date of the trial although I will say it's in September. Ironically enough, it's the 8th anniversary of the marriage in question. I am highly amused by that coincidence.

Plus now I don't have to worry about this trial being like the 9th Circuit case and surprising me two weeks beforehand. We have plenty of time to prepare for this particular showdown.

And I could not be happier.

Mel