Thursday, May 15, 2008

A continued tale of agressive incompetence

There are some days when I very much wish I could refer to specifics about my job, if only to vent.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a very difficult guy to piss off. I can be irritable, cranky, or curmudgeonly, but actually getting me angry takes a hell of a lot.

Let me just say I haven't been this angry about something at work in YEARS.

Were' talking about a multi-million dollar screwup that's going to affect everything I and my team do for the rest of the year.

I've put my ass on the line and made commitments to the groups I provide service to based on commitments from others. Now, when it comes time to deliver... IN FACT PAST TIME to deliver... those others are telling me they can't do it.

Now I have to go back to my customers, and tell them their projects are going to take the hit. Tomorrow is going to be me explaining to my people and my customers why we can't do what we promised.

In this case though, I've got it in writing. It's not my nuts on the block; in fact I very specifically called up my management after this meeting, and the first thing out of my mouth was "I want somebodies balls on the block for this".

On the block, cut off, dried out, and made into a fucking keychain.