Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Flux

Just to top off all the loveliness of the last few days, it appears I have intestinal salmonellosis

No I haven't had the labwork done, but I know VERY WELL what it looks like, and what causative factors I've been exposed to, so it's the most likely explanation.

I ate some undercooked chicken a few days back and ever since... well...

Of course, we drove back and forth to Tucson today, a two hour ride each way... (yes, I had to make a couple... stops...)

Thankfully I keep tetracycline on hand for just such things. This ain't my first rodeo.

It's not that big a deal, I've been through it a few times before (and I'd wager more than a few of my readers have as well). I suffer from ulcerative colitis, and this particular bug is opportunistic with an affinity for inflammation and lacerations of the intestines (pretty much the definition of UC). Combine that with the fact that I eat a lot of chicken...

Anyway, if it doesn't abate in a day or two it's off to the doc shop for me. Acute dehydration (the most dangerous side effect other than secondary infection) is no laughing matter when you live in a desert.

Joy of Joys. I just love planning my days around proximity to facilities.