Monday, September 29, 2008

Bitching

I've just been irritated the past few weeks.

First court (and the associated lawyers bills), and paying for the visitation supervisor.

Mel and I are driving to Reno for the Gun Blogger Rendezvous, which will be great (other than the 11-13 hour drive); but the 1700 mile round trip (plus a couple hundred miles local travel for the week) necessitated some car maintenance, and 4 new tires, at $1300.

We had an electrical fault in our secondary air conditioner that somehow allowed it to keep operating without exploding, while still drawing three times its rated power (rated for 13 amps, actually drew 38 amps); combined with a stuck breaker.

I don't even want to contemplate how close our house came to burning down, but we were never able to isolate the fault until we had a tech out from the power company. They changed our meter and verified the draw was accurate, and then we tested every circuit to find the problem.

Of course the fact that everything verified out as true and correct, meant that we were on the hook for 3 months worth of the excessive power consumption... which also put us into the high consumer billing tier... $2000 over our normal power consumption for the time period.

Then I've had a particularly irritating bout of insomnia going on for the last month, and it's got worse the last two weeks or so. I'm getting under 4 hours of disturbed and incomplete

To top it all off, I've been filling in for someone else at work, doubling my normal day to day workload and worse, my daily meeting load; while simultaneously having 200 pages of writing work to do... and I've had a bit of writers block.

All in all, I'm just a bit aggro at the moment; and I haven't been able to finish the bunch of long posts that I've started (sereiously, more than a dozen multithousand word posts)... and there's that writers block thing, so I think I'm going to share some of the couple hundred pages of work writing I'm doing.