Monday, February 16, 2009

Blogiversary Observed

Saturday was my blogiversary; but I had more important things to do (like spend the day with my lovely wife); and no-one reads blogs on the weekend anyway.

So, I thought I'd take a page from the federal government, and today will be my Blogiversary Observed.

A lot has changed in the last four years. I've acquired a wife, and two wonderful children. I've moved into a career making position. I've made so many amazing friends, and had so many interesting experiences.

This marks my 2380th post; for an aggregate total of perhaps 3 million words (I really don't know, but I estimate it at 3 million. I don't know, because when I run a blog export to put it into a word processor to get a count, most of 2005 and 2006 are missing, and I don't know why. The rest add up to about 1.5 million words).

In 4 years, I've had just under 1.5 million unique visitors, and 2.6 million page views. Not as much as some, but not too shabby; especially considering that in the 12 years I'd had a web site before I started my blog, I had a total of about 150,000 hits, most of which were on my resume.

You keep reading, I'm'na keep writing.