Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Isn't it Alannis Morisetteish

I live in southcentral Arizona... Scottsdale to be specific. One of the driest places in the country.

It almost never rains here.

So when the nerf bars (4" wheel to wheel round tubes from Iron Cross in black powdercoat) my wife bought me as a sortachristmaspresentythingy arrived yesterday, in their 15 foot long box; I felt perfectly safe in leaving them out front (not like they'd FIT in the house anyway, at least not without some contortions).

In fact, out front, unpacked, with the hardware laid out, and ready to install this afternoon, after lunch; along with the new battery for our other car (Optima red top), also to be installed after lunch.

Except, as we were sitting down to lunch, the heavens decided to open up; causing us to scurry off to quickly get said bits under cover (and men my size should really never scurry).

I won't make the obvious "it never rains" joke.