Thursday, June 10, 2010

Congratulations Mr. Chairman

I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate Mark Hinkle, for winning his election as the new chairman of the Libertarian Party of the United States.

Mark is the former chair of the California Libertarian Party, with over 30 years experience in local and state politics and activism. Outside of politics, Mark has extensive experience as an engineer and technical manager in large enterprises, and is also a long time entrepreneur and small business owner.

As it happens, Mark is also my friend of over 10 years; ever since we worked together as early employees at an ill fated bay area startup during the dot bomb.

Mark and I have had a number of great discussions about principle vs. pragmatism, finance and economics; and the practical, moral, and philosophical issues around labor, military service, the use of military power, interventionism vs. non interventionism; and of course the non-agression principle.

I know Mark to be a good manager and organizer, a good debater, a good joker (and a bad one), a good father, and a good man.

Oh and on a personal note, I'm glad Mark beat Wayne Allyn Root... but I'm no longer a party member (for many reasons) so I can't really complain about Root being in the leadership (he was elected as committee member at large).

I realize I'm a week late in this missive, but I lost track of the election, and for some reason my normal LP email alerts didnt notify me...

Probably because my spam filter has decided that anything sent that often to that big a list of people using that language has GOT to be Spam...

...hint hint...