Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Yet another reason I love Trace Adkins

As if "Honky Tonk Badonk-a-Donk" (or "Chrome", or "Hot Mama", or "Rough and Ready", or "Swing", or "I got my game on", or AlaFreakinBama, or...) wasn't enough...


Every now and then ya gotta take it on the chin
Gotta turn the other cheek
But then there’s times your old stubborn pride
Don’t back down so easily
And you got no choice but to let your voice
Be heard and hold your ground
And that’s the point that he’ll get the point
And he’ll probably back down
But if he bows up and steps across that line
Ya gotta whoop a man’s ass sometimes

Chorus:

{Man, I’ll be the first one here to call you crazy
If you let me catch you cussin’ out a kid or roughin’ up a lady
And God forbid that anybody mess with mine
Ya gotta whoop a man’s ass sometimes}

Yeah I let it slide when that liquored up guy
Asked me, “Boy, what you lookin’ at?”
And I kept my cool when the reckless fool
Put a dent in my Cadillac
And I don’t care that my long hair
Draws stares the way it does
Long as you aint’ throwin’ stick
And stones you’ll probably be all right ‘cause
I’ll take the high road if I can out of a bind
But you gotta whoop a man’s ass sometimes

{Chorus}

Man, I’ll be th first one here to call you crazy
If you let me catch you cussin’ out a kid or roughin’ up a lady
And God forbid that anybody mess with that little girl of mine
Ya gotta whoop a man’s ass sometimes
Ya gotta whoop a man’s ass sometimes
Yeah, ya gotta whoop a man’s ass sometimes