Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Quote of the Day, Ben Stein Edition

From Ben Stein, whose summer home I passed literally 4 times today:

Even so, this summer in Sandpoint is life the way it is supposed to be lived. As my pal Jane said long ago about North Idaho, "This is the America we pledge allegiance to when we pledge allegiance to the flag."

Yeah, that's about the way we feel about it too.

It's odd reading about the town you kinda live in from the eyes of someone who only lives here part time. The UPS guy? Saw him today before work. Ivano's in town? Went there Friday night and saw the magician while we were there (he came into the bank the next day and saw me since he remembered who I was). Ivano's Del Lago? Did a post on it. The same Burlington Northern Santa Fe train that runs past his summer home runs past our house.

Now if only I could stop barely missing the guy...

Mel