Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm not dead, I'm just still frikken sick

So the last two and a half weeks I've managed like 3 posts. I'm not dead, or lazy... or at least any lazier than usual anyway... I'm just STILL FRIKKEN SICK FROM THREE WEEKS AGO.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you have cancer. Your immune system is so screwed up by the cancer, and so busy with other things, that you just sorta stay sick for weeks at a time; or you get opportunistic secondary infections etc... etc... etc...

This time around I have been hovering around the edges of bronchitis and bronchial pneumonia. I either had a very bad case of acute bronchitis, or a very mild case of bronchial pneumonia... or rather, if the latter, both (because I definitely had bronchitis).

Joy.

The bronchitis is mostly gone now, but I'm still having all the fun of being "low level sick". Fever, coughing, mucus, headeaches, joint pain etc...

I thought I was better for a day or so last week, as usual... and as usual I was SADLY mistaken, and paid for my presumption tenfold.

And of course I'm still only able to take my medications when the symptoms get so bad that I have to; because, as I have said, you really don't want to be taking these things when you are sick (their side effects when you AREN'T sick include dehydration, and reduced kidney and liver function).

Oh and without my medications, and made worse by the being sick; I'm on what I like to call the "sleep rollercoaster". I spend 24-48 hours not being able to sleep at all, then I sleep for 16 or so hours, three or four days in a row; then back to 24-48 hours of not being able to sleep.

Aint we got fun?

So yeah... I'm not very productive at the moment obviously. I'm not particularly happy about it, but until this crap clears up, there's not much I can do about it.

Cancer aint for sissys boys and girls. As always, I strongly recommend against it.