Monday, July 30, 2012

Yo Bloomie! Hands Off My Boobies!

What is it with all of you nanny-staters trying to molest us? It's not bad enough that last time I flew through an airport I got frisked because the newbie TSA agent didn't know what an underwire looked like (thank you nice TSA lady doing the feeling-up for promising to teach him better). Now you've decided that lactating boobies are also under your obvious domain?


Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.
Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.
Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mayor_knows_breast_WqU1iYRQvwbEkDuvn0vb1H#ixzz227ozu4g6
 What the hell happened to "my body, my choice".

I've intentionally dropped myself out of watching and commenting on this nanny-state bullshit while I deal with bigger matters (*cough* husband with cancer *cough*) but if you bring your stupid-ass, freedom-reducing, gloves-of-blue laws near my boobies I'm going to have to rip you a new one.

You've gone from nanny-staters to state sponsored molesters. Shoulda known that's where you were headed all along.

Mel