Thursday, December 15, 2016

You've got to be kidding me...

I set up the premiums on Chris's health insurance to automatically come out of our account.

Guess what never got processed?

Guess what has therefore not been working since August?

Guess what just got canceled?

YEAH.

I wasn't notified that the auto pay wasn't working, that we were behind, or any of it. And with all of the medical bills coming out, it got lost in the shuffle.

To make it even better, since it's a Marketplace plan, the insurance company can't fix it, I have to go through the Marketplace. Thanks ACA, for making this so much worse than it already was.

So... I've got to appeal to the marketplace for retroactive coverage, AND make a balloon payment for said coverage, if I can ever catch the phone lines at a time where the wait isn't 2 hours...

SO PISSED. SO UPSET. SO PANICKED. SO TERRIFIED.

Oh, and there went all of my plans for Christmas, because huge balloon payment. Christmas was barely going to exist as it was, now it's just not going to happen.

Because now, in order to not become responsible for $300k in medical bills over the past 4 month, we must pay 4 months of premiums, which we can't really do, because...

Chris is in a lot of pain while the nerves in his lower back and butt come back online, and there are meds I MUST pick up for him so he's not in screaming agony, so he can continue to work and not feel like a burden, and so he can continue recovering and we can continue getting back on our feet, and just...

So close. We were so close to being through this. Chris has been working 10+ hour days so we have the cash to catch up and pay the back bills and we were so close to breaking even...

But I've got meds to pay the discounted cash price for, and I must pick up so Chris can keep from screaming, and then 4 months of insurance premiums to pay, assuming my appeal is successful and they'll let me pay. So thousands of dollars going out almost immediately, so we don't pay $300k.

Thousands we don't have, even taking Christmas off the table.

There's a reason I've been sobbing off and on all day. If I don't get this fixed, we're horribly screwed, despite doing everything we could to keep this from happening.

So I really must ask for help, so we can avoid being completely screwed.

Anything would help.

The aforementioned GoFundMe is still up and running, and PayPal to chris@chrisbyrne.com always works.

Thanks all,

Mel