Thursday, January 11, 2018

Current status

PCP tomorrow. Cardiologist Monday.

My jaw frickin hurts. Why? Grinding my teeth so much. Even in my sleep. Because stress and worry. We can't make rent. We have deductible to raise in order to get the surgery done.

Then there's Chris's current state:

"I hate this..."life"... this damn cancer... everything else... it's no way to live.

I can't stay awake... several times a day, randomly without any warning, I have an overwhelming and irresistible need to sleep... and then I sleep for anywhere from 20 minutes, to 14 hours... and most of the time, get no rest from it...

...but yet when I'm so exhausted I can't think sideways nevermind straight, I can't sleep.

I can't drive alone or at night, because I may fall asleep suddenly while driving.

I can barely stand or walk, and the pain and exertion of doing so leave me gasping for breath for minutes, just from the few steps from my bed to the bathroom.

I'm barely alive... I'm not living... I'm just barely existing... and I can only just barely manage to stand it...

The only thing that keeps me going is that I need to be there for my family...

...and right now, well... that's not going so great either....

... not only have I not seen my son for two months... I had to consent to the state giving my aunt guardianship, because I can't take care of him like this, and Mel cant take care of both him, AND me...

...Hell... Mel can't even take care of herself right now, because the stress of this is making her go mad...

I cost so much to keep alive that I'm a huge damn burden, and I can't even work to earn my own keep, never mind provide for my family.

I am in so much damn pain, all the damn time...

It's really not worth it... except I need to be there, for my wife, and my son...

Now there's one more thing the cancer has taken away from me...

I'll never be able to fly again.

Having had ONE of the major side effects... ok... maybe two... but combine the sleep issue, with diabetes, one coma and one near coma, and now atrial flutter... I'm never going to be able to get a medical certificate again.

This goddamn disease is just taking me apart piece by piece, and taking away the things that make me... me.

More than 10 years of pain beyond most people's ability to imagine.... of progressively worsening disability... of losing everything that has ever mattered to me, piece by piece...

... and the only thing that makes it even close to worth enduring... Is that I need to be there for my family...

... and I can't even pay the rent...

...hell of a thing that...

The way things are... I'm in too much damn pain... this fight is too goddamn hard...

Honestly... the way things are... I don't much want to live... I don't want this pain... I don't want another ten... twenty years of this fight...

...but I have to...

...and I will....

...For my family..."

I've still got a GoFundMe going BUT it takes days to clear so if it is at all possible to use PayPal (chris@chrisbyrne,com) or Messenger Payments that is much faster.

Thanks all,

Mel