Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My give a damns busted

I was talking with a good friend last night, and we both had that same tone in the voice.

You know the one I'm talking about, the absolute bone deep weariness that creeps into your voice when you've just had about enough, or more than enough, but you know you have too much more to do to slow down.

I said to him "Brother, right now, the both of us are the kind of tired that a good nights sleep don't fix".

"Yeah, that's about right".

After the last few years of stumbling from crisis to crisis at work, in our legal battles, and god knows in our society and our political lives... I'm just exhausted.

As tight as we are at work right now, I still need some time, and I'm taking it. I've got a couple days off for the NRA convention this weekend.

I'm thinking I'm going to be doin a lot less than I'd originally planned; maybe limit myself to hanging out with old friends, and making a few new ones; but I just don't have the "giveadamn" to do much more right now.

I think I need to go take the ATV out somewhere and roost around for a while.. only it's 105 fucking degrees out.

Hell, I've only managed to go shooting twice in the last few months; and with ammo as scarce as it is... Shit, I can't even buy a box of .357 anywhere at any price; forget about 5.56, or 10mm. I have seen exactly 1 box of 10mm on shelves anywhere in months.

Sleep, read, drink, hang out with friends... Sounds like a plan to me.

There may or may not be any content up here for the next few days as the mood strikes me.

Oh and it may be a chick song, but the refrain certainly applies at the moment.