Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I have a problem..

I admit it, I'm an addict.

I am a Christmas-cookie-baking addict.

In the past 4 days I have made a total of 46 dozen cookies, including:
4 doz double chocolate chip
6 doz caramel and pecan shortbread
2 doz chocolate sandwich
2 doz chocolate snowflakes
2 doz chocolate buttons
2 doz sugar snowflakes
4 doz sugar angels (40 decorated)
1 doz gingerbread reindeer (10 decorated)
1 doz gingerbread trees (10 decorated)
1 doz gingerbread candy canes (10 decorated)
6 doz peanut butter cup/ chocolate chip
15 doz butter cookies

Yeah, I got a little over-exuberant. That's 552 cookies.

Of course 15 doz of those are so small, that any male of our acquaintance could down an entire dozen and still consider it "dessert". And as of this morning, 7 dozen are already gone, either through gifts to Rosie's teacher or through family consumption. Then there are the friends and family who will receive large gifts of cookies or eat them with us Christmas Eve.

Still, that's a damn lot of cookies.

Maybe next year I'll manage to be more conservative in my estimates and choices. But somehow I don't think so.

Mel

Just call me Mel, everyone else does.