Monday, September 30, 2013

Feeling a bit waterlogged...

So, I'd been feeling a bit puffy lately... inflammation and swelling high, edema high etc...

Deciding that more accurate information was important, I stepped on an accurate scale; something I hadn't done in about a few weeks... 

...And lo and behold, I'm 45lbs heavier than last time I checked.

I've been eating less, and particularly eating snacks and fast food etc... less (the last couple months in Idaho we ended up eating a fair bit of "convenience" food, because of the baby), so I knew it was all water retention.

I haven't been taking my diuretics for months, because they were screwing around with other things; causing vitamin and mineral deficiencies in particular; and because the edema had been much better since the surgery and radiation. 

Unfortunately, while my edema isn't nearly as bad as before the surgery... it's by no means gone...

So, for the first time in months, I took a dose of my diuretics today.

2 hours later I had already lost 10 lbs...

So yeah... back on the diuretics it is for me...