Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ten Years... That's Like a Billion Internet Years Right?



Ten years ago today, I wrote this:
Monday, February 14, 2005First Post!!!!! 
Ok folks, people have been telling me to write my own blog for two years now, so finally, here it is. 
Yeah I said I'd get around to it before, but I'm lazy, what can I say. 
The initial content is mostly going to be stuff I've written for other peoples blogs, and fora etc... 
Suggestions, praise, worship, and deification are all welcome.
The five years ago:
Yes, today is my fifth blogiversary. 
It's amazing how much has changed in my life in the last five years. I'm married, with children... wow... damn... 
I mean, at 16, I thought it'd be a miracle if I lived past 30... and if I'd gone on the way I was going, it would've been. 
Now I'm looking hard at "middle age"; having achieved nearly half of everything I've ever really wanted... and another 30 or so years... maybe 40 if I'm lucky... to achieve or acquire the other half before my ability to achieve is significantly diminished. 
Not that I don't have troubles, and trials, and difficulties and issues... perhaps more than my share... but I always have had, and I'm sure always will have them. It's the human condition. 
Moments like this, I just look around me and I can't help but think how lucky I am. How hard I've worked, how much I've sacrificed, how many people I've helped or hurt, or loved, or fought with along the way... but most of all how lucky I've been.
I simply cannot believe where I am, where I might soon be, and just how lucky I am for that.
 
Thank you all for reading this stuff that spills out of my brain. It humbles me that so many people want to listen. I don't do this for you, I do it for my own sanity; but believe me, I appreciate you.
In those ten years, my words have been read at least 5 million times, by at least hundreds of thousands. 

Damn.

In those ten years, my life has changed so much. A wife and two daughters. Moving from Arizona to Idaho to New Hampshire to Florida. My son. Honestly, I just can't believe what a long strange trip it's been.

The last four of those years have been... pretty hard honestly. The cancer, the pain, the brain fog, the... everything...

Hell, it's been more than... 18 months I think, since I've been out shooting. But every day I wake up on the right side of the ground, is a good day.

I know I don't write here very much anymore (an explanation of that here). Most of what I'm writing is on facebook, and please feel free to friend or follow me there. I save the blog for the longer pieces, more personal or more details... But I'm still here. Still writing, still reading, still getting pissed off and writing a few thousand words, for whoever is still reading. 

So... I guess just... Thank you.