Thursday, April 19, 2018

I'm utterly convinced that the single biggest risk to someone's sanity...

Isn't doing, or being done to. It's being stuck, and being stuck waiting.

It's doing horrible things to us, I know this for sure.

Chris is literally bedridden and my depression... Well I don't think it's ever been this bad.

There's nothing quite like the helplessness of having nothing to do to fix things but wait.

Right now we're waiting for insurance to approve 2 MRIs and 2 MRAs of Chris's head and neck, because the neurologist suspects brain cancer.

And I am an utter wreck. EVERYTHING is on hold. Cancer treatment. Getting Christopher back home. Getting back to work. EVERYTHING.

And it's killing me. So much so that I went back on an anti-depressant that was part of a combo that had really bad side effects because I need to do SOMETHING.

Because we're waiting to see if Chris will live or die, and waiting on the clearance to proceed with treatment.

In the meantime, it's not like bills stop. No, those never stop. Rent. Health insurance I need to pay by the end of the month. Electric. Internet. Getting the truck fixed. Meds. Eating. None of that can stop.

And currently there's exactly $7.57 in the bank account.

But we're still working on all of this. It's just really incredibly difficult.

If you feel moved to help, I've still got the GoFundMe me up and running, PayPal to chris@chrisbyrne.com always works, Messenger Payments is a thing, Google Wallet is a thing (melody.byrne@gmail.com).

Thanks all,

Mel