Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to Court

I'm heading back to court on Friday.  This will be the 7th court I've been to, for those of you who are counting.

The issue at hand is whether or not Idaho will enforce a 4 year old court order forcing me to take the kids back to Canada, an order than happened without my knowledge due to a hearing without my knowledge.  I don't have a lawyer this time, as the cash hasn't become available (we don't have a boat either, for those of you who will point that out, that deal is long gone).  The opposition has two lawyers appearing at this hearing.

We're tired, cash poor, and fighting someone who hasn't even bothered to contact the children for just shy of 2 years.  I don't have much faith in the legal system left.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong there.

Mel