Monday, February 14, 2011

Six Years... That's a long time...

If we follow the standard 1 year = 35 years conversion factor; that's like 210 in internet years.

So yeah, six years ago I mostly stopped writing excessively long forum and mailing list posts, and blog comments; and started writing excessively long blog posts here.

Now I'm about three weeks short of hitting 2.5 million uniques, and i'm right at 3.25 million page views.

I've slowed down some in the last year or so... but really, given what's been going on... Well, let's just say I think y'all understand.

AS for life changes... well, I summarized the previous five years in my anniversary post last year; but it has certainly been an eventful 12 months:

Moving to north Idaho, having my health issues go from annoying to "uh oh", the situation with the kids, another major re-org at work, my mothers issues, my brother dying, finding I have cancer...

Yeah, it's been a year...

But I'm on the right side of the grass, and moving forward. That's always a good thing.

Frankly, I don't think I can say it better than I did last year, so I'm just going to repeat myself.

Moments like this, I just look around me and I can't help but think how lucky I am. How hard I've worked, how much I've sacrificed, how many people I've helped or hurt, or loved, or fought with along the way... but most of all how lucky I've been.

I simply cannot believe where I am, where I might soon be, and just how lucky I am for that.

Thank you all for reading this stuff that spills out of my brain. It humbles me that so many people want to listen. I don't do this for you, I do it for my own sanity; but believe me, I appreciate you.