Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Patriots Day

No... this isn't about the bombing.

The bombing wasn't actually ON Patriots day, it was on Patriots Day "Observed".

Patriots day is April 19th.

The first was on April 19th 1775, the day of the battles at Lexington and Concord, and the true commencement of the American Revolutionary war (NOT July 4th 1776 as so many historically ignorant public school children... and the adults they grow up to be... think).

My younger brother Rob... Robert Emmet Dinsmore... was born on the 204th Patriots Day, April 19th, 1979.

He would have been 34 last Friday. He died two years ago, January 9th, 2011.

I didn't post this last week, because of the bombings. Out of respect for those who died and were injured (some of whom I knew, or were friends of friends... It's a big city... but it's a small town, especially when you've got a lot of friends and family in law enforcement).

Really... I've had a bad week... and I was just thinking about family, and loved ones... and it's been a few days... I figured now was the time to post this.

I love him... I miss him... no matter how many problems we had... and we DEFINITELY had... but he was still my brother.