Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Alright, so, good news has settled in, now the bad news.

So... I didn't want this to "compete for the headline" with our happy news, our son...

But now that he's home, and healthy, and things are going OK... it's time to say there's some bad news too.

So... the first bad news is kinda old news...

It turns out, that when I fell on the ice back in February, I broke my wrist (multiple stress fractures in the bone ends surrounding the joint), ruptured a tendon, and had some additional nerve damage.

... and it isn't healing right.

Lotta pain here. Has been since that night... should have been healing... isn't... probably because I've been sick, and the aftereffects of the endocrine cancer and... all that stuff...

I might be able to get it fixed, with proper orthopedic care, which we can't afford right now... And it might just get better on it's own. I'm doing what I can to help and support that, the right exercises etc... This isn't exactly my first severe musculoskeletal injury. I have a history of "crippling" injuries, that I've come back from... not perfectly fine, but still capable.

We'll see...


Second bad news... also kinda old news... we're in serious trouble moneywise... that's life... I've got some great prospects, but nobody is pulling the trigger. I've interviewed for a bunch of jobs, and they either went to internal candidates, or they just held off hiring... I could get another consulting gig today if I wanted 100% travel, but I've got a newborn, and I've been sick... that's not gonna work. Now, with the baby coming early, all the baby stuff, all the medical bills... Yeah...

I dunno... there's still some great prospects, I've got a very promising interview on Thursday... We'll see...

The really painful stuff though... the hardest stuff...

Wash is gone... he's been gone a couple months now, we've had to accept, he's just gone... and that's... A member of our family has disappeared... is gone.

And then... just as we were bringing the newest member of our family home...

Eva jumped the fence, and ran out into the road... and under the wheels of a truck.

She died instantly...

So, we lost another member of our family...

And yeah... that REALLY hurts...

But, at least we've got a new member of the family to have some joy over... A LOT of joy... Thank God for that.