Thursday, May 01, 2008

Update

So my mom's surgery went well, and she's recovering.

Unfortunately, the surgeon found more cause for alarm. Evidently my moms cancer has advanced from one breast, into her stomach. THey were able to surgically remove everything they could find, and are now testing further.

According to the surgeon the size of cancer found takes about 10 years to form, which means my mom has been sick without knowing she had any problems other than high blood pressure.

Now we wait a few days for the results on the new cancer samples to return, and for the oncologist to tell us what the next step is and what our options are.

My dad handled the news very well, much better than David and I expected. It seems he's gone through his coping period, and has bucked up in order to support my mom.

And I'm tired, so very very tired.

Mel