Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Some Progress At Least...

Let's start with the good news.

Insurance is paid (I sent in a check, the check hasn't cleared yet but the account will cover it). I managed to pay rent and heating oil (our hot water is heated by the furnace). Christopher started school today.

Now the bad.

I called Harvard Pilgrim today to find out if the insurance had been reinstated. It had not. There's a note in the file to reinstate it as soon as the payment arrives (it should have arrived yesterday, doesn't mean it was processed yesterday) so we've got that going for us. But it may not be reinstated until Friday or Monday.

... and I've got $1500 in meds I need to pick up today.

I'm extremely not happy about this.

There's also smaller bills I need to pay (internet, electric) but that doesn't bother me near as much as not being able to pick up insulin. For obvious reasons. The cable bill and electric bill have grace periods. Diabetes? Doesn't have one at all.

I also need to get gas, and food, and those sorts of non-essential things.

So that's what is going on. I need to pick up $1500 in meds I can't pay for. So Chris can keep doing this thing where he stays alive.

Anything would help. Anything.

I've still got the GoFundMe up and running, PayPal to chris@chrisbyrne.com also works, or hit me up on Facebook.

Thanks all,

Mel