Thursday, September 14, 2017

This one will be short...

I picked the kiddo up from school today. From the nurse. He'd been vomiting.

He vomited in the driveway. He ate some. He vomited some more. Then he shared his flu with me and I started being sick.

So this update will necessarily be short.

Harvard Pilgrim did indeed reinstate our health insurance.

However, the claims that made it so we reached out of pocket max? Well, they were denied and sent back so... I'm still paying an arm and a leg.

At the writing of this the bank account is $800 in the hole, I've got $1k in meds to pick up (including my ADHD meds) and food to buy and gas to get and... you get the idea.

We'll be reimbursed for the meds. Eventually. Think months or quarters. The bills that made us reach out of pocket max have been sent to Harvard Pilgrim but that stuff takes time.

There is some good news. The PET scan we've had to put off is now scheduled for the 11th. Given the current situation we'll probably end up paying a bunch of that cost too (grrrr) but at least now we can make progress.

Now that I've written that I'm going to go crawl into bed and hope for a merciful end to my physical misery.

But at least we're getting somewhere.


Anything would help. Anything.

I've still got the GoFundMe up and running, PayPal to chris@chrisbyrne.com also works, or hit me up on Facebook.

Thanks all,

Mel