Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Say Hello to My LIttle Friend

Say hello to the newest member of our family:

He's a 10 week old rott/bull, and he hasn't told us what his name is yet.


As of a few minutes ago, he's 20 lbs, he's got a 20" girth, and he's 21" between the shoulders and hips. Overall, a fair sized pup.



Which is unsurprising, because his sire is a 117 pound AKC Rotweiller, and his dam is a 70lb staffie.

So far the kids love him, Mac is tolerating him fine, and the cats... well they are NOT happy; but that will change as they get used to him.

He was one of a litter of five, all but one brindled similarly; and he was the biggest of the litter. When we opened the kennel to look at the pups he jumped/crawled/climbed up into my arms, put his head on my shoulder, and started licking... and well, he didn't leave that spot until we got him home. He knew where he wanted to be, and we knew he was supposed to come home with us.

So far I have to say I've never had a better behaved puppy. He doesn't bark at all or yip very much, he isn't too mouthy, and he responds to voice direction. I have a feeling he's going to be smart, and trainable.

So, now, what do we name him?

As we did with our cats, I want my readership to suggest some names. I'm thinking of keeping in the literary, culture, and popular culture theme like Mac (short for MacGuyver - spelled properly unlike the TV show). Mel has laid down the law and no gun names (unless it's a REALLY appropriate one anyway).

Course after seeing this scene, she suggested "Camo":