Monday, August 30, 2010

A week off, and I've got a damn @#$%@&$%!

Work has been rather stressful and exhausting lately. It's been taking up most of my time and energy, especially most of my "writing" type energy.

Combined with my current health issues, which frankly are dulling my brain more than a little bit (my memory, recall, and my normally highly associative and inductive thought processes are especially suffering... all the stuff that makes my writing work...).

At this point, I counted, I've got over 50,000 words of partially written posts saved as drafts right now, and I've just had no energy or motivation to finish them..

This is the first year ever that I've really taken advantage of my companies PTO allocation (25 base days plus five days carryover from last year, plus 11 paid company holidays and two floaters) and I'm actually taking my second full week off for the year (the first was the week of July 4th).

So I've got actually from this past Friday afternoon 'til next Tuesday; to try and relax and recharge a bit.

The kids start school next Tuesday, so we've got all week to play with them, have fun, enjoy, maybe shoot off some rockets, fly the RC plane, swim...

The only problem is, I've got a sinus and upper respiratory infection...

Screw it, that's what chicken soup, hot chili peppers, and sudafed are for.