Saturday, January 01, 2011

Holy fuckballs, it's 2011...

The 2000s... the naughties as it were... are fully over...

How the hell did that happen?

Where was I exactly?

Ten years since 2000 was over...

Man things have changed. I've changed so much, my life has changed so much...

I can remember celebrating the new year, January 1st 2001, sitting on the balcony of my condo in Fremont CA, watching the fireworks over lake Elizabeth, and listening to geeks argue about indexed vs. 1 indexed lists

Ten years ago, my first marriage was melting down, I had just (within a couple weeks actually) lost a few million imaginary dollars in the .bomb.

Now, I'm celebrating with my wife... my always should have been wife, not the mistake that was my first wife... A bottle of 2005 Iron Horse (I'll take it over almost anything French any day), our dogs lolling all over us, in our almost dream house (almost because it's rented we don't own it), on a cold, clear, beautiful night, in north Idaho.

I'll take today thanks.