Saturday, March 26, 2011

Anybody watch the Red Sox massacre the Twins tonight?

If so, you saw my stepmother.

Around the fifth inning, they brought out the RCN contest winner, who got to have lunch with Red Sox hall of famer Jim Rice (who coincidentally, I got to meet as a little kid... around '87 or so. My brother had a bunch of signed stuff from him).

As it happens, my stepmother Caroline does PR for RCN, and was the handler for the contest. She was with the contest winner for her interview with NESN.

Of course, from my dads perspective, the coolest bit was he got to have a two hour lunch with Jim Rice.

Last year, she got to meet Rutina Wesley and Joe Manganiello from "True Blood" (Tara and Alcide); which I think was much cooler for her than Jim Rice. My dad was at that event too, and I'm pretty sure he's more psyched about Rice (though he said that in person, Rutina was one of the most beautiful women he'd ever met).

Caroline by the way, is a total saint for putting up with my dad; and he's the first to acknowledge that.