Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I can't deny the essential rightness of her thinking here...

So... Mel was upset about something, and by her own statements feeling excessively hormonal. We talked about it for a while then she suddenly got up and said "I need chocolate".

She went to the kitchen, I heard various rattling and pounding things, and a few minutes later she walks by with a mixing bowl and a pan.
Chris: Brownies?
Mel: Brownies
Chris: Pecan brownies?
Mel: Pecan brownies
Chris: That would explain the pounding I heard then?
Mel: Yup
Chris: Not that I object, but, why brownies? It's 2pm on a Tuesday...
Mel: I are emotionally distressed, ergo, brownies
Chris: Well... I certainly can't disagree with that
Oh and for all you crispy brownie edge fans (you weird "center brownie" people who don't love the crispity chocolate edges just don't make any kind of sense to me) I HIGHLY recommend picking up an "all edges" brownie pan like this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MMK448/