Monday, February 05, 2007

Loose ends

Ugh.

It never ceases to amaze me that as soon as I resolve one stressful part of my life I become sick as a dog. I am currently battling a headcold which is threatening to destroy my sinuses from the inside out. However I am thankful my immune system held its own last week, as a head cold during a court hearing sucks.

My mind is full of blogs posts I've been meaning to write but have not had the time or mental clarity to type into coherent pieces. My website is also on the backburner but will be finished as soon as I gather my materials and figure out how to use the webauthoring software on my linux box (yay for not getting microshafted!) I have yet another court case coming (hopefully the end of the massive legal affairs) and a wedding to plan so I am rather distracted. Plus I have a lovely tri-color calico kitten who thinks I am her own person slave to knead at will (why oh why couldn't I have been claimed by the calm kitten?) but I digress.

Here are some snippets of pics and thoughts I've been meaning to post, starting with a way-too-cute pic of my current tormentor.



And my early Christmas present from Chris, Buffy the Deerslayer:



Yes, that is an Ithaca Model 37 Deerslayer 20ga youth model shotgun. It is a joy to shoot and I can actually reach the entire length of the pull, making it much more comfortable for me. And, like the DFMAS, it is fairly accurate in my hands.

Next is Emily's first firearm, which she purchased at the same gun show:



That is an H&R (harrington and richardson) HandiGun 20ga shotgun which costs her all of $40 and despite the stock being beaten all to hell, actually works quite well.

So those are a few of the many loose ends to be tied up. Once my head stops pounding I will write up many new blog posts. Until then I will remind all single gunnies in the Southwest that there are still many single women picking up shooting and that Emily is one of them. And yes, I will catch hell for that comment.

Mel

Just call me Mel, everyone else does.