Monday, April 27, 2009

Four Day Birthday Weekend

Some of you might have noticed I took a long weekend. Well, actually I took a very long weekend, including taking Friday and Monday off work (at least theoretically. No meetings, but I've been reading email as a defensive measure, just so it doesn't stack up too bad).

Why?

Well one, I needed a little relaxation time, to read and write and sleep etc... and four days off work does that nicely.

I'm kind of an odd duck. A weekend is just barely enough time to reset and start the week over again without coworker homicide seeming a viable option. Three days is enough to kinda relax, but just leaves me wanting another day or tow. Four days is just about right, and any more than five days and I start getting antsy for work again.

Anyway, the other reason is, because today is my birthday, and its the first birthday I've had in years where I could actually take paid time off.

So, as I have been doing all weekend, I intend to use today to read, write, and generally relax.

Oh and I'll have a surprise later for you. Something of a birthday present for myself that I think y'all might appreciate.

In the mean time, I think I'm going to go back to sleep for an hour or two.