Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I can't disagree with anything substantive here...

Normally, I'm not that big a fan of Newt Gingrich as a politician.

I think he's briliant as a political writer, and political commentator (which is fitting, because his background is as a history professor), but as a politican, he and I are probably below 50% in agreement on major policy issues.

But we're above 75% on major issues of principle; and that's what this speech is about. Taking principles, and making them into politics.... Something it seems most politicians are too cowardly to do.

I think Newt is right. If the Republicans can do this, then they can crush the Democrats in 2010 and 2012. If not... It'll just be more back and forth.

Not only that though, but I actually believe it's the RIGHT thing to do; not just the best way to win.

Anyway, I consider this a "must watch" speech: