Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Letter to GoDaddy

Subject: Domain suspended because of incorrect whois
From: Chris Byrne
Date: Thu, Dec 29, 2005 10:29 am
To: invalidwhois@godaddy.com
Cc: abuse@godaddy.com
Bcc: bparsons@godaddy.com

Sirs,

I would like to complain about my domains chrisbyrne.com and
chrisbyrne.org being removed from your name servers, resulting in a two
day (or more, I only noticed it yesterday) service outage. I was told
by your support staff that this was because I had invalid whois
information.

I recieved an email to this effect last week, and updated my whois
informaiton then.

All of my whois information is and was current and correct, on all of my
domains except one (chrisbyrne.com) which had a missing email address. I
have verified this today online with your customer service.

Additionally, it appears that the name servers for www.chrisbyrne.org;
which have been parked and forwarded using your services for two plus
years, were hijacked and redirected to another service provider.

When I attempted to explain this to your support person he didn't appear to
understand what I was saying, and repeatedly offered to show me how to
set them properly. They HAVE been properly set, for more than two
years, it is only in the last few days that there has been a problem.

I have recently been the target of threats from a muslim extremist
group. They are attempting to take my domains down, they have flooded
me with spam, they have attempted DOS attacks on some of my web sites
etc... Any complaints of abuse or invalid contact information are
likley in the nature of dirty tricks from said groups, or other random
sympathizers.

Prior to this, they have used the whois information on my web sites to
send harrasing materials to myself and my family, and to attempt
surveilance on my home.

If you recieve any further requests for information, complaints, or any
unusual activity on this account, I would direct you to the Phoenix
field office of the FBI, special agent #########, at 602-279-5511.

Thank you,

Chris Byrne