Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pats Jets... one hell of a game

Well, as a lifelong Patriots fan, I was very much looking forward to the pats/jets game today, and I was not disappointed; it was a hell of a game.

I have to give the Jets a lot of credit. Their linebackers and ends really did a great job at pressuring Brady on the outside (4 sacks... that NEVER happens); but the Pats o-line (Solder is really turning out to be a huge asset, as I'd hoped) just killed the jets inside.

Benjarvus Green-Ellis may have one of the stupidest names in the NFL (and frankly, that's saying something); but he's an incredible player, and he showed just how good he was today. He's averaging just under 5 yards a carry career, and 6 yards a carry this season; and he's NEVER fumbled the ball in over 800 career carries.

NEVER

It still amazes me Green-Ellis was undrafted in 2008. I mean his draft reports weren't spectacular, but they weren't bad either; and he was an all SEC runningback his junior year, and alternate his senior year. It just goes to show how much of a judge of talent Bellichick (and staff of course) is.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the Jets this season. Sanchez... I said last year I thought we were seeing the birth of a star, and it looks like I (and just about everyone else) was right. This kid really has the goods... now he just needs some better receiver support. The talent is actually there, but I think the coaching and the coordination isn't.

Meanwhile... Pats defense was certainly much better this game, but this season as a whole... I'm really not impressed guys.

The next two months are the hardest schedule in the NFL. If we can't get our defense where it needs to be, we're in serious trouble.