Monday, October 03, 2011

You know what really sucks?

When you are very forcibly and painfully reminded, that no matter how good you felt the day before, how mobile you were, and how able you felt; in reality, it was just the medication making you feel that way; and you are, in fact, still a fucking cripple.

Yeah, that was my morning yesterday, and I've only been worse since. I have the flu (which is always great fun when you have joints that swell up VERY painfully), AND my edema is in overdrive. I gained 24 pounds in three days, and the pain and swelling are so bad, I couldn't sleep at all last night.

I've managed a few 20-30 minute snatches of sleep for the last three days... maybe a total of about 8 hours in the last 72.

Then all day today, I just kept retaining more and more water, and enjoyed my low grade fever, photophobia, and general pain to the touch.

Bah... sucks.